Monday, December 9, 2013

Week 13 in the Philippines - "carabaos"

Hello family and friends! How's everyone doing? What are the Christmas plans:)? When does school get out? Isn't it crazy to think Christmas is almost here? And it's still super hot and sweaty! Has it snowed yet? hahahahaha walking to school in the dirty snow. fun times:)

I'm sending some pictures this time so you can see how beautiful my area is! I am the luckiest girl in the world! Yesterday we were working with out ward missionaries and mission leader trying to find some referrals and LA members. We went on an adventure through trees and mud and over streams and through fields and by carabaos and cows. It was awesome. 

We found people that just kind of live away from everything and shared with them short lessons and asked if we can come back:) Since we opened an area, we're doing lots of finding right now. Talking to lots of people we just see wherever and then teaching them! We even teach the animals:) And everyone knows I'm afraid of chickens. awesome. I think this is the time I'm going to overcome this silly fear.

A couple weeks ago, we went to this one area called Tanke and it's kind of farther from the city, so we can't be there in the evening. But it's now our favorite area. We were just walking along the fields to get to a LA family and some people just yelled "Sister!" We decided to go talk to them. We ended up teaching like three or four mothers and their children all together. They said they had seen elders walk by before but had never talked to them. We've been back a few times now and I love them. I'm sending a picture from our FHE with them. It was so much fun. They remind me of being with the Tribe women in Gulu, so fun, so sweet, so nice, so loving. They're all really excited to come to church next week! Yay! In the picture we have black on our faces from a game we played:)

We also met another sweet lady in Tanke that was sooo grateful we stopped and talked to her. She said that she saw us the first time we passed through her neighborhood and wanted to talk to us. I'm so glad we stopped and talked to her. Heavenly Father is in control and is making a way for each of His children to hear the gospel:) Anyways, we talked to her and right away she started telling us about the different churches she has visited and how she feels something is missing. GOLDEN! I love love love finding people that are so obviously ready. It's amazing how the field truly is white already to harvest. Her name is Pamela and I'm so excited to keep teaching her!

The gospel is so beautiful. I know that it's what will bring everyone the most incredible, indescribable joy. I feel so incredibly blessed to be in this gorgeous part of the world, among such loving and strong people. Even though it's hard being around chickens all the time and seeing spiders as big as your hand just chillin above your pillow and using soap with teeth marks in it (I think it's a rat), it's all worth it! I also love my companion, Sister Parada! We are learning so much from each other and having lots of fun together.   

Yesterday we had Stake Conference and they talked a lot about unity. Members, leaders and missionaries need to all work together in unity to build God's kingdom on earth! It's sooo true! I'm grateful for all that you are doing to build His kingdom. You are doing more than you realize. I love you all sooooooo much!

Love, Sister Malyon
P.S. The last picture is of our Thanksgiving meal from last week

No comments:

Post a Comment