Monday, December 16, 2013

Week 14 in the Philippines - "love"

I know that God is watching over all of you and I'm so grateful for that. You are all in my prayers too! Wow, I'm amazed by all the missionary work going on back home. You are all so wonderful. It makes me so happy to hear about that incredible conversion of those three sisters who got baptized. God has people prepared everywhere!  You will be blessed for every effort you make to share the gospel! Missionary work is the best!

Yesterday in Sacrament meeting, we had 6 young girls get confirmed. I just started crying thinking about the work I am involved in. None of the girls were people we taught. Some were the elders and some were 8 year olds in the ward. It was so neat though and I just felt the spirit so strongly remind me of how incredible it is to be participating in helping to bring others to what they need to return to their Father in Heaven. It's amazing. 

We also had 7 investigators come to church yesterday! It was a miracle and I was soooooo happy. I was also so grateful for the members who talked to them and sat with them and made them feel welcome. We actually went to pick up some of them. I told you last week about the mom's and their kids that we've been teaching. We went to pick them up and they were all sleeping! Our church is in the afternoon. We waited for them to get ready and were late for church, but sacrament meeting is the last meeting, so it turned out to be okay. It was awesome because they all got dressed up in their best clothes and were all excited. It was so great. I wish I could send a picture but the connection is slow. next time!

We also have this awesome investigator named Ann. The first time we taught her, she told us that she wants to serve God. She's so close to God. We were teaching about prophets and when we asked her if she can see God physically, to make the point that we need prophets to help guide us, she had such a hard time answering that question because she feels His presence. So cool. She's 19 and when we went to pick her up to have her lesson at a members home, she went in and changed into a skirt to be like us:) I love her so much! She's so cute and so prepared for the gospel!

We went on an adventure this week to find the home of this sweet lady we just met one day and asked if we could visit her. I'll try to explain how you get to her house. So you walk off the main road and through a path in a sugarcane field, then you enter this forest and walk through that a little bit and then you come out and pass a couple homes and goats and cows and carabao and lots of chickens. Her sweet husband joined us for the lesson and they were so excited to have us visit them. They are the cutest couple, maybe in their 60's and I'm excited to keep teaching them:)

The gospel is the only thing that brings true peace in our lives, in our families and on earth. I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ, for our Savior who made it possible for us to return to the presence of our Father. I'm grateful for the opportunity to share with everyone I meet-- His love for them. We are so blessed to have the gospel truth! I love you all so much! Thanks for all your prayers and support and love and for being the awesome disciples of Christ that you are.

Love, love, love, Sister Malyon

No comments:

Post a Comment