Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 19 in the Philippines - "miracles happen"

How's everyone? Sounds like everyone's been getting sick:( I will keep you all in my prayers and hope you'll all get better quickly!  I love you all so much! It's actually been pretty cold here the past two weeks now, in terms of cold in the philippines:) It's been Seattle weather lately haha. It's actually kind of nice not to be sweaty all the time, really nice actually. 

Oh my goodness this weekend was soooo amazing! Pamela and her granddaughter, Welche were both baptized and confirmed! I love them so much. Witnessing their baptisms on Saturday was like the happiest day of my life. Sister Pamela got up to bear her testimony and started crying as she talked about how we met her. She told about how she asked if we would come back and have Bible study with her. Yeah she was the one to invite us to teach her! She then told about how she couldn't understand the feelings that she felt when we taught her, it was like indescribable for her. She bore her testimony of the gospel and it was so beautiful.She's sooo grateful to be a member of the true church of Jesus Christ and she's so strong. Hearing her brought tears to my eyes and the spirit was so strong. Welche, who's 13, also bore her testimony. It was the best. Then on Sunday, Sister Pamela's father came! We've met him before but never taught him or anything. Pamela bought a skirt so she could look her best for getting confirmed:) She and Welche were sooo happy when they received the gift of the holy ghost. They were just glowing. 

I just feel like the luckiest person in the world to get to be apart of such incredible work, God's work. He's allowing me to witness the incredible miracle of conversion, of seeing people change their lives to come unto Him. It's the best thing ever. 

We've had such an amazing week. God has been blessing us so much. We started teaching this awesome family this week that we are so excited about. We met the father because he is a c-cad driver and gave us a ride home one day. We both could feel something different about him. He has this really soft voice and was like the nicest person we've ever met. We visited and taught his whole family this week and as soon as I pulled out the pamphlet, the youngest son got really excited and said that his dad had that! We had given his dad a pamphlet before. So Jason ran and got the pamphlet to show us:) 

I just can't even believe how many people God has prepared here for the gospel. SO many people are ready to hear the truth and it's so awesome to be led to them or when they are led to us. I know that God is in control and He wants all of His children to hear of the glorious news of the gospel restored once more on the earth. He wants so much for all of us to be happy and to return to live in His presence. 

I love you all so much! I hope you're all doing well and staying warm! If you ever start to feel down or have negative thoughts, just pray:) I've learned that that is the trick. God wants to help us be happy and will answer your prayers every time you pray. 

Love, Sister Malyon

P.S. I held a chicken. Can you believe it? me either

No comments:

Post a Comment