Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 20 in the Philippines - "SALAMAT!!"

Dear awesome fam,

I have the best family ever!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! I finally got my christmas package on saturday, so I got to celebrate christmas all over again! OH my goodness, I have the best family ever. Thank you so so so so so so much! You should've seen how extremely excited I was when I got home and found your package on my desk. I screamed:) The couple missionaries had dropped it off earlier that day. I also got our family christmas card. Jonny pots did an awesome job! That's super sweet you put a pic from my mission on it:) 

Well, about this week. The coolest miracle happened this week. So we've had this investigator ever since we got here that we were so excited about. She was referred to us by a super strong member and when we taught her she seemed so goldne. but then she got a job working on sundays and could never come to church. She stopped progressing and we were having a really hard time getting ahold of her. THis week we talked about her in our district meeting to get some ideas. They told us to try talking to her boss and teaching him and stuff like that. The same day, after district meeting, I texted her (Ann is her name), and she responded by saying that her contract ended and she didn't have a job anymore. She then texted and said that since she didn't have work, she wanted to go to church this sunday, without us even saying anything. It was crazy!!!! God answered our prayers! So we got to teach her this week and she came to church for her first time! She was so cute and brought her Book of Mormon with her and everything. She's 19 years old and I'm so excited for her to keep progressing. I know that if she keeps her commitments and follows Christ, God will help her find a new job or something. He will take care of her no matter what. 

Also, we had another baptism this week!!!!!! His name is Gregin and he is soooo awesome. I don't think I've told you much about him yet. His girlfriend is a member and so she referred him to us. He's 22 and super smart. We've been able to teach him pretty quickley because he had been going to church for a while before we even met him and he caught on to everything super fast. His baptism was on Saturday and he bore his testimony and it was so awesome. He's sooo strong. He was so happy all day. He spent the day with us and the ward members doing different service activites. We first helped out with a feeding program thing the relief society put on in one of our areas. We got to find a lot or new investigators! And then a group of members came with us to have a FHE at the home of a LA member who lives in our farthest area, Bulanan. It was so great. Gregin came with his girlfriend to the FHE and there were like 10 or 12 members that all came with us. We had such a great FHE and after Sis. Parad ana I shared the lesson, everyone went around and bore their testimony. The spirit was so strong. It was such a neat expereince. I felt so happy and so much love for everyone in that room. THey strengthened me by their testimonies. Gregin bore his testimony for the second time that day and he was still just grinning and beaming so much! On Sunday he received the gift of the holy ghost and was ordained with the aaronic priesthood. I'm so happy for him. I know he will be such a great example to his family. 

Every time we have a baptism, I am overwhelmed with feelings of such gratitude. It's so incredible that God is allowing me to participate in such sacred and beautiful and incredible work. He has put His trust in me to qualify people, His precious children, for baptism. It's such a beautiful miracle every time I get to witness someone gain a testimony of the gospel and apply the gospel to thier lives and enter into the sacred and wonderful convenant with God to follow and respresent christ for the rest of their lives.It's just so amazing!

Thanks so much for all of your love and for supporting me and making me so happy! I love you all sooooo much! Family, friends, everyone! I feel so blessed to have such awesome support. I hope you are all healthy and feeling strong and happy! God loves you and will take care of you because you are His precious child. I love you so much too!!!!!!!

Love, Sister Malyon  

P.S. I'm sending a pic from the FHE. Gregin is on the far right in the red shirt with kind of spiky hair:)

No comments:

Post a Comment