Monday, April 14, 2014

Week 31 in the Philippines - "change the world, make it a better place"

How are all of you?? Sounds like Jonny's having a blast being all independent and traveling around Germany and Switzerland. So awesome! Happy birthday to Grandpa Malyon!!!! I hope you are all doing super well! Also Happy Easter!!!!

The funniest thing just happened. So we're here in this little internet shop and there are a bunch of missionaries here and just about 5 seconds ago I heard a loud noise and turned to see our district leader's plastic chair broke and he was on the ground! Oh goodness. It is so much fun in the Philippines!

Anyway:) I just had to tell you about that haha. Lots of changes this week! I got the transfer call on Tuesday to tell me that I was getting transferred. I was not expecting that at all, but I guess that's just how it goes on the mission! You learn to be really flexible and always thrown into new situations! My poor companion Sis Davenport, she only got to know the area for a little less than two weeks and now she has to lead the area because I left! 

I got transferred to this city called Bago. It's only about 45 minutes or so from Bacolod, so not as far away as when I was in Sagay. It was super super super hard for me to leave Sagay because I really felt like that was my new home here and those amazing people had truly become my family. But it's okay because there are things that Heavenly Father needs me to do here in Bago and amazing people I'm getting to know here as well. My new companion is Sister Moser. She is the cutest and we get along so well. We have so much in common and it's been lots of fun with her. She's from Cash Valley UT and is 19. She came on her mission right after the summer after graduating from high school! Makes me feel so old haha. She arrived in the field in December I think. 

Watching General Conference this past weekend was amazing! I love conference so much. I felt like the feeling of the talks this time was with more urgency and boldness than ever before. I really sense that we need to all step it up and we have such a responsibility to lead the world in preparing for the second coming. We're so blessed to have prophets who give us warnings and counsel on how to prepare for all that lies ahead and how to best live our lives so we can return to our Father in Heaven. I loved President Monson's talk about kindness and showing love to all of those around us. It was sooo neat because we had these two super cute college student girls come to the morning session on Sunday, two of our investigators. As soon as Pres. Monson got on the screen, they turned to us all excited and asked if that was the prophet. They reminded me how special and how amazing it is that we have a living prophet guiding us and present on the earth today. What a blessing!

I've only been here in my new area a few days and I have already met so many amazing people. We have so many members that always want to work with us! It's crazy! A few of them are recent converts and they are preparing to serve missions. so cool. They have such strong and powerful testimonies and it's just awesome. The area here is really beautiful. It's kind of similar to Sagay in that we have part of our area close to the city and then part of the area more in the countryside (I guess you could call it that). But the parts outside of the city and not nearly as mountainous and jungle as my area in Sagay. It's okay though because it's still incredibly beautiful. I stopped my companion last night as we were walking and we just took a moment to watch the sunset behind a bunch of palm trees. I can't believe I got sent to the most beautiful place in the world:) 

I'm so excited about the work here in Bago! I'm so grateful to be a missionary and to serve these incredible people. I love the gospel so much and have such a strong testimony that it is the only thing that will bring peace on earth, the only thing that brings true and lasting joy, the only thing that instills hope into the lives of God's children. I'm so grateful for my Savior and the beautiful and profound knowledge we have that He lives! I'm excited to see what they do here to celebrate Easter! I love you all soooooooo much! 

Love, Sister Malyon

No comments:

Post a Comment