Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 28 in the Philippines - "indi kamo magkabalaka"

How are all of you cuties doing? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE BIRTHDAY PACKAGE!!!! Oh my goodness I seriously have the absolute best family ever!!!! Thank you sooo much! I love everything you sent me! It was fun that everything was all cute and wrapped up so I got to open lots of presents for my birthday. You are so sweet. I love you sooo much! It's been great wearing new clothes and everything is perfect. Thanks so much!

We had Zone Conference this week, which was way fun. We had it in the mission home, which was the best. I haven't been there since the first day I arrived in the mission! It was fun because our zone was combined with another zone and I got to see my trainer, Sister Livingston! It was so fun to see her and get to talk to her. She's so cute and is doing great. I loved being in the mission home because it was so comfortable and they served us ice cream:) It was also fun to be with other missionaries and receive some really great training. We got to stay the night in Bacolod the night before, so we had a sleepover with a house full of sisters! haha it was fun. 

The youth had a temple trip this last week and two of our recent converts got to go. I talked to Welche a little bit about it the other day and she had such a great experience. She loved it and they both told us they didn't want to come back home! They said the spirit was so strong in the temple. I'm soooo happy they got to go and experience being in the house of the Lord. It's so important to work on getting people to the temple as soon as they get baptized! I really believe it's an important part in their conversion process. Man, I miss going to the temple! Don't take it for granted that we have one so close to home! :) 

Yesterday at church, there were barely any people that attended because it rained super hard yesterday. But guess who did come to church???? Sister Pamela and her three grandkids all came to church. It made me soooooo happy. They are soo strong and have such strong testimonies of not only the gospel, but of going to church. I love them so much. They even live far and in this super muddy area with a really bad road and they still came to church! There were seriously less than 50 people at church. I'm so grateful to get to know such amazing people.

Well, I hope you are all doing just great! Sorry this is kind of short. I love you all soooo much! I'll leave you with this quote by Elder Timonthy J. Dyches, "Be assured the Savior still seeks to mend our souls and heal our hearts. He waits at the door and knocks. Let us answer by beginning again to pray, repent, forgive and forget. Let us love God and serve our neighbor and stand in holy places with a life made clean..."Wilt thou be made whole". Rise and walk. His 'grace is sufficient' and you will not walk alone."

I love this gospel!  I love all of you! 

Love, Sister Malyon

No comments:

Post a Comment