Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 42 in the Philippines - "pictures!"

You are going to be so excited because guess what? I finally bought a new camera so you get to see pictures! Woohoo! 

Sis Moser and I last Monday had the funniest Jeepney rides to and from Bacolod. We got on this jeepney to come home and it was more packed than any jeepney I have ever been on! We squeezed on and they had these tiny benches to sit on in the middle of the two isles already packed to the extreme with people. So when we sat down we were face to face with people on every side and just said "Hi" and since we're American, they loved talking to us hahahaha. 






 These cute kids are Katrina and Lawrence Zapanta. We love this family so much! They are recent converts and the ones we had that FHE with where we were laughing our head off. Welcome to rainy season!




 Sister Siasone is in the red. I've talked about her before--one of my heroes! She works with us so much and is just amazing! This is taken next to Brother Nelson's house, the new golden investigator who is so awesome. 





 This is Sister Rhofa, with her friend the giant caraboa. This is taken in Napoles, our farthest area that is so beautiful! Sister Rhofa is one of the most amazing people I've ever met too. She is someone that lives the verse in 3 Nephi 13:33 "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto thee." love her so much! 




 This is Sweet. She is Sister Estherlyn's daughter and the cutest little girl on the planet! This week when we visited them to teach Estherlyn, Sister Sweet showed us her new church shoes and kept talking about how excited she was for church! her mom told us that every single day she would ask her mom how many more days until church! They make me so happy:)





Well, now I can keep you more updated on my life with some visuals:) 


One thing I've been thinking about and learning about a lot this week are the blessings that come from living the gospel. Two experiences made me realy think about it. One was when we went to visit Brother Nelson. Our second visit with him was a doctrine of Christ lesson because he was talking about how he wanted to change, so we introduced repentance and baptism. He told us this past week the blessings he has already seen in his life since we started visiting him and he has been repenting of his sins. He is the happiest person I've ever seen whenever we visit him and the whole time he just talks about how the gospel and our visits is blessing him and his family so much. 


Then when we visited Sister Estherlyn this week, we taught about obedience. It was the coolest lesson ever because we would teach a principle and then she would share an experience. We brought up the blessings of being obedient and then she shared with us about how when she stopped drinking coffee, she stopped getting stomach pains. She feels so much better, healthier since living the Word of Wisdom. So cool. 


I've reflected on my life and all  the blessings that have come from living the gospel, all the blessings in my life from having parents who are obedient and keep the commandments of God. We are so blessed to know the commandments that bring us those blessings when we keep them! 


We had exchanges with the STL's this week and guess who I went on exchanges with?? My trainer, Sister Livingston! So I went to her area for a day and night and got to work with her! It was so crazy to be with her again after so many months! It was cool to both see our progression and growth since being companions before and to catch up:)


I read the talk by Elder Holland this morning about The First Great Commandment, so my closing thought for you cuties is: Do you love your Savior? How do you show that love?


Love love love you all soooo much! You are all so beautiful and amazing! Keep it up! 


Love, Sister Malyon


P.S. Sister Moser gave me a hair cut! She had never cut hair before, but you would never know! She did such a good job! It was fun haha:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment