Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 56 in the Philippines - "tubo sa kampo"

My dear wonderful family!!!

SALMAT GID!!!!SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I seriously feel like the luckiest missionary in the whole wide world! Thank you so much for the awesome and delicious package you sent me!  You are so amazing. I love you all so much. I have to admit when I was reading your beautiful testimonies of the Book of Mormon, I got pretty choked up. I feel so blessed to be a part of such a strong family centered on the gospel. Your testimonies strengthen me so much! I am trying to think of the perfect people to give Book of Mormons to with your testimonies:) We have extra ones I will put the other two testimonies in. And the delicious treats! You're the best! Sister Laulu and I were lovin life eating those amazing brownies and chocolate covered nuts! Sister Laulu kept saying "Man, your mom is the best. These are sooo good!" Thanks a ton! 


Well we had exchanges again this week and I got to go to Binalbagan! I attached a picture of the two cute sisters who are assigned in Binalbagan. I got to work for a day with Sister Kumar, who is from Figi, but her family's Indian. She is so hilarious! We had a really awesome day working in their area, teaching lots of lessons, and learning from each other. Their ward missionary who worked with us, Charlie, just recently returned from being super less-active. For a long time in his youth, he totally fell away from the church and got involved in like a gang doing not so good things. I asked him why he came back and he said he finally got to a point where he realized something was missing in his life, so all on his own, he decided to get back involved in the church. Now he works with the missionaries, bears such a strong testimony of the gospel and is preparing to serve a mission himself! So amazing. I can't believe I get to meet such incredible people everyday and witness the miracle of the Atonement in people's lives. 

Jaimie wrote me this week! Thanks Jaims! She also talked in her letter about a missionary she met who has a similar story. It just amazes me how loving our Father in Heaven is. I truly believe that He has provided a way for every single one of His children to come back to Him and He does all He can within our agency, to get us on that path, no matter how far or how often we fall away from it. 

Oh my goodness. I have to tell you about probably the highlight of my week. So Saturday morning we went out early to work because we were supposed to have a Relief Society broadcast later, which ended up getting canceled. But there was purpose behind it because when we went out in the morning, we visited one of our recent converts, a 10 year old girl, Maryjane. Her father was there, our first time meeting him, and he willingly joined our lesson, Of course, we focused on him and started teaching lesson one with him. We invited them to come with Maryjane to church the next day and the father said he would. Maryjane's face lit up brighter than the sun and she had the biggest smile on her face! The two of them have this really endearing relationship-you can just tell they are super close. It made me miss my daddy!:) 

The next morning, as we were welcoming everyone to church, in walked Maryjane with her father! No words can do justice trying to describe the joy on Maryjane's face the whole 3 hours at church. Which of course also filled me with so much joy too. It was so amazing after meeting her father and teaching him one time, he came to church! And we found out he is related to the first counselor in the branch presidency and some awesome brothers fellowshipped him at church. 

As they were leaving at the end of church, Brother Joemil (Maryjane's dad), thanked us and said he wants to come back next week! MIRACLE! Later that evening, we visited them and when we asked Brother Joemil about his experience at church, he said that he felt sorry for all the things he's been doing wrong. He learned a lot about what he needs to change to become better. He is so prepared. I still can't believe it! It even brings tears to my eyes as I'm emailing you.

I just want you all to know that I love you so much. I love this gospel with all my heart and know that living the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way for us to feel true peace and true joy in this life and in the next. We are so blessed! I love missionary work so much! I will try this week to get you a picture of cutie bum Maryjane and her papa:)

Thanks so much for your testimonies, your support and love. You strengthen me so much. We visited a family this week who has a son serving and the youngest in the family has been less-active. We told him about how much it means to us as missionaries to hear about the good things our siblings are doing and their involvement in the church. We told him that what he does can have an impact on his brother who's serving a mission and invited him to church. He came yesterday! Woohoo! 

It just got me thinking about how grateful I am for such an amazing, strong family. I love you all tons and tons! I hope General conference lifted your souls! I'm excited to watch it this week:)

Love love love, 
Sister Malyon    


        

No comments:

Post a Comment