Monday, October 28, 2013

Week Seven in the Philippines - "new"

My dearest family and friends!

So much has changed this week! It's crazy! I've been here for a full transfer now! We got the call Monday afternoon to find out my companion, Sister Livingston, was getting transferred:( She left Tuesday morning and my new companion is Sister Dequina! So, before we had four sisters living together and in the same ward. Our ward is split into two areas. Me, Sister Livingston, Sister Dequina and Sister Tampos. Sister Livingston and SIster Tampos were transferred and now Sister Dequina and I are companions! We are still in my area, so I'm leading the area...haha and we got elders for Sister Dequina's old area. So now our ward had two sisters and two elders. Sister Dequina and I live all alone.

I love Sister Dequina so much! She is my follow-up trainer and she's been out for 7 months. She's from a city close to Manila. She's the only member in her family and was baptized at age 20, about three years ago. She's AWESOME! She's so strong and amazes me. She speaks Illonggo super well, which makes understanding people so much easier and I'm learning so much from her. She is introducing me to FIlippino food! She loves to cook! So while I study Illonggo, she cooks lunch for us:) She's so sweet and always checks to make sure I'm doing okay, which I am haha. I'm actually doing great. I'm sooo excited about this transfer!

Also, Sister Dequina found my packet of seminary worksheets from mom and she loves them! I allowed her to have some of them and she loves trying to fill in the blanks of the scriptures. She thinks it's so fun. She wants to learn the scriptures, so the worksheets are helping her. She's so funny. She loves you mom, by the way. She actually thinks are family is so great. I have just told her a little bit about our family and she already loves you all. She has three sisters and she is the oldest. Her father passed away a while ago, so they live with their mom.

This past Monday night we had a FHE at Sister Polgo's house, this was with Sister Livingston. It was the cutest thing ever. They got all ready for us to have FHE all together. They greeted us when we arrived and they had put out a nice tablecloth and everything. Sister Polgo conducted and had everyone bear their testimony after the lesson! It was so cool and the Spirit was so strong. Sister Polgo is a maybe 50 or 60 year old lady who always lets us teach in her home. We teach a bunch of RC's at her house. Most of them were there for the FHE and one of them brought her non-member friend! After we played some games, they surprised us by bringing out food!  They were all so excited to serve us this delicious food they had made and then watch us eat it. It was the kindest thing ever and they were all just so adorable.

The work is moving forward! I love being here and am truly so happy! I love you all! Thanks for all the support and love!

"Yea verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me."
-- 3 Nephi 9:14

I love this gospel sooooo much!

Happy Halloween! I've heard that they kind of celebrate it here, but I guess we'll find out!

Oh and we had Ward Conference yesterday! They had lunch afterwards and served Letchon! It's this huge pig, the whole pig! The whole body! crazy hahahaha


love Sister Malyon

    No comments:

    Post a Comment